Sunderland house explosion caused by gas

Randolph Lopez
Августа 13, 2017

A mother has been rescued after a huge explosion destroyed her house, a relative has said.

A North East Ambulance Service spokeswoman said one casualty suffering burns had been taken to Newcastle Royal Victoria Infirmary in a serious but stable condition.

Writing on Facebook, her sister Tracy Judson said: 'The fridge fell on top of her and saved her life, she's absolutely fine under the circumstances, she's got minor burns to her back, face and arms and her hip might need stitching'.

In a post on a local community group, she wrote: "There must b a God sum where, how the hell can anyone survive that explosion".

Ms Shepherd's daughter was with her father at the time of the blast, the sister said.

"I went upstairs and you could see dust rising", she added.

Читайте также: North Korea frees ailing Canadian pastor from prison

Northumbria Police tweeted: "Police are aware of an explosion on Rosslyn Avenue, Sunderland".

'Half of the semi has gone and next door is wrecked.

Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service have confirmed the 2 storey semi-detached building has collapsed following the explosion.

In a statement, Northern Gas said: "Emergency engineers from Northern Gas Networks (NGN) attended the scene of an incident on Rosslyn Avenue in Ryhope, Sunderland on the morning of Friday 11 August".

"Just had call off me Mam she's in shock as she's in Roselea [sic] Avenue".

Another neighbour claimed he heard the explosion from more than a mile away.

При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.

Код для вставки в блог

Other reports by

Discuss This Article