Two terrorists killed in encounter, one woman dies in cross-fire

Alan Olson
December 20, 2017

Inspector general of police said in a statement, "Bodies of two terrorists recovered but the third one is still alive and is present in a house, he started firing again a few minutes back".

As per local sources, the militants were trapped in the house of one Muhammad Yakub.

Security forces launched a cordon and search operation in Wanipora area of Shopian on Monday evening following information about presence of militants in the area, an army official said. The gunfight continued throughout the night.

Locals said that protests broke out in the area and villagers were trying to move towards the encounter site to give safe passage to militants.

A woman was killed during anti-India protests in disputed Kashmir on Tuesday following a gunbattle that killed two rebels, police and villagers said. Officials said three of the seriously injured have been shifted to Srinagar for specialised treatment. Confirming this a police spokesman said that another militant fled from the encounter site.

Israel detains Turkey-awarded Palestinian in W. Bank
Mohammed Tamimi shot in the face with rubber bullet by Israeli security forces during protests over US Jerusalem move . An Israeli army spokesperson told Al Jazeera that Ahed was suspected of "assaulting a soldier and an IDF officer".

China calls for unity of int'l community over Jerusalem issue
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu released a video on his Twitter account in which he thanked Haley for the USA veto. Israel considers Jerusalem its eternal capital and wants all embassies based there.

U.S. declares North Korea led huge WannaCry cyberattack
Tom Bossert, President Donald Trump's homeland security adviser, made the claim in an op-ed to the Wall Street Journal on Monday. In November, the U.S. also charged three Chinese nationals for hacking, Bossert added.

The locals according to reports staged massive pro-freedom protest protests in and around the encounter site.

A woman was injured during the exchange of fire and she succumbed to her injuries later on. The man had been caught in the cross-fire during an anti-terror operation, the army said.

"A police spokesman said that during the encounter, on the request of family, police made repeated announcement to get Tanveer surrendered, but he refused the offer".

Two security personnel including a jawan of 44 RR and a cop were also injured during the encounter. The security forces had to fire shotgun pellets and tear gas shells to contain the violent mob during the course of which at least a dozen civilians and a minor sustained serious injuries. Their condition was however reported to be stable.

Other reports by GlobalViralNews

Discuss This Article